Identifying metal touches is now easier than ever before. The strain gauge technology makes it possible to detect sensitiv key activation through stiff metal surface. Due to the mechanical deformation caused by the key actuation, signals are detected without interference. The PCB with the strain gage sensors can be easily assembled an the back of the surface material.
There is one sensor per key on the printed circuit board. A keyboard consisting of several strain gauge sensors detects extremely sensitive mechanical deformations. Interferance signals are filtered out with help of intelligent software. The strain gage sensors detect even the smallest changes in strain – even of stiff, metallic materials such as stainless steel or aluminium. Together with our electronics partner Algra, we offer you the metaltouch technology in complete HMI systems
- Perfect match with alugraphics printing:Printing in anodised layer creates brilliant optics and durability.
- High level of design exclusivity:The control panel front is made using an integrated metal touch layer
- Glove-sensitive operation:Operation is just as sensitive with gloves on as without
- Highest water protection rating:Can be used to full capacity in wet conditions.
- Vandalism protection:Use of metal control panel fronts protects against vandalism.
- High temperature resistance:Temperature range from -40°C to +85°C
- Long service life:The tested service life amounts to more than 10 million cycles.
- Ease of assembly:The assembly is carried out by means of self-adhesive tape.
- Layout freedom:The arrangement of the keys can be chosen freely by taking the minimum distance into account.
- Dynamic trigger sensitivity:The key trigger sensitivity can be set from 100 g.
Areas of application
- Design-oriented products for household and industry applications.
- Applications requiring a high level of robustness and water resistance.
- User interfaces in public transport.
- User interfaces in the medical sector.
- User interfaces in building services/household applications.
Selection of material thicknesses of the overlay materials
- Aluminium: 0.3 - 1.5 mm
- Stainless steel: 0.3 - 1.5 mm
- Glass: 0.5 - 1.0 mm
- Plastic: 1.0 - 2.0 mm
- Higher thicknesses on request
Would you like to learn more about it?
Then please contact our team to arrange for a personal consultation at: +49 (0) 7141 / 2745-0
We would be happy to demonstrate our products to you on site or by means of a demo kit which you can request from us for a nominal fee.
Or read more about our input systems:
» Click here